MASTER CRAFTSMAN GUILD
The Master Craftsman Guild of Springfield Lodge No. 217 is an organization of Master Masons who are sincerely interested in learning more about what Freemasonry is teaching the individual. The work of the Master Craftsman Guild supplements that of the Blue Lodge.
The ULTIMATE GOAL of a Master Craftsman is to transfer his Rough Ashlar into a Perfect Ashlar. This is to be accomplished by attaining a virtuous education (Masonic Teachings), his own endeavors, and the blessing of GOD.
The Master Craftsman’s path consists of three more Masonic steps:
1. A SEARCH for the lesson contained within the Masonic Symbol
2. An INTERPRETATION of that lesson to fit a personal need
3. The APPLICATION of that lesson in daily living.
The three (3) Masonic Steps are thus:
The Logo of a Master Craftsman is: “PMA,” which translates to: “PERSONAL MASONIC ACTION”
MASTER CRAFTSMAN AWARD
1. Learn the Master Mason’s Catechism
2. Read one Masonic Book
a. Give Oral Report to the Lodge
3. Research one Masonic Symbol
a. Develop an Education Program
b. Present Program to the Lodge
4. Participate in floorwork in all three Degrees
5. Coach and examine a Candidate in all three Degrees
6. Participate in one Lodge work project
7. Participate in one Lodge fund raising project
For further information on becoming a member of the Master Craftsman Guild.
you may contact:
MASTER CRAFTSMAN SQUARE
Worshipful John Pearson
President – Master Craftsman Guild
Springfield Lodge No. 217, A.F.&A.M.
(703) 505-7140 – Cell